Do you want a list of the most essential sports betting statistics and trends?
At BettingWins24, we love data…
Data “usually do not lie”.
And that is why we wanted to compile the ultimate and biggest list of insane gambling statistics.
In this sports betting statistics, you will see data that shows the most popular sporting activities people are betting on, NBA sports betting statistics, sports betting trends and data and more about the global sports betting market.
So without much ado, here they are
- Over $70B is spent on sport betting worldwide annually legal betting activities. We suspect this figure to be more if we are to include illegal sport betting activities.
- In total, the sports betting industry is estimated to be worth over $3 Trillion with an estimated $45.8billion spent on online gambling and $100 spent especially on football betting. (source)
- Undoubtedly while the highest amount of money staked on betting comes from the United state, Asia has the largest number of people betting on sporting activities.
- Nevada remains the state with the highest amount of money spent on betting. (source)
- 67% of the survey responded believes that online gambling is morally right.
- Football, Table tennis, and Basketball remain the most popular sports gambled on in France. (source)
- The premier league remains the football event that is supported the most by sport betting companies. In fact, 45% of sports betting company supports the premier league, followed closely by La Liga
- The betting market in South Africa, Kenya and Nigeria is estimated to be worth over $37billion when combined together. ( source )
- It is estimated that an average of $900million is spent daily on betting by Nigerians.
- The most popular age group involved in betting in Nigeria is 18-40
- Australia is the biggest loser when it comes to gambling. It is estimated that an average adult in Austria loses an average of $1,288. ( source )
- Younger Australians are less likely to gamble than older ones. ( source)
- More than 1.6billion people gamble every year worldwide. (source)
- Americans spend more than $150billion wagering on illegal sports betting. $8.5billion is spent on college basket games (source )
- 39% of adult Americans – about 100 million people – are either current or potential future sports bettors.
- The ability to place a sports bet securely is the most important factor when consumers consider future sports bets.
- 52% of gamblers gamble at least once a week.
- Amongst gamblers laptop and mobile phones remains the most popular method of accessing gambling online. ( source )
- On average, online gamblers have a minimum of 3 different accounts with online gambling operators.
- 96% of online gamblers play at home while younger gamblers are likely to gamble while commuting or while at a sporting event
- 26% of online gamblers follow a gambling company on a social media platform with rates highest among 18-24-year-olds.
- Facebook remains the most popular social media platform on which online gamblers follow gambling companies. More than 19% of gamblers are following a gambling company on Facebook while only 9% are following them on Twitter.
- 53% of respondents have seen a gambling advert on the television in the past week.
- 45% of online gamblers were prompted to spend money on a gambling activity due to the adverts that they saw, as were 49% of online gamblers (with a social media account) who saw adverts on a social media platform.
- 79% of respondents think there are too many opportunities for gambling nowadays and 71% think that gambling is dangerous for family life, however, 62% of respondents think that people should have the right to gamble whenever they want.
- 30% of respondents think that gambling is fair and can be trusted and 38% think that gambling is associated with criminal activity
- It is established that men gamble more than women. However, the gap is reducing as more women; as high as 41% have gambled in the last year.
- 45% of people gamble to win.
- The financial limit is the most popular management tools but only 9% of online gamblers have ever used them.
- 52% of people believe that gambling companies should set aside a fund to help people who developed gambling problems. ( source )
- Kenya is knowing to have the highest number of gambling youth in Sub Sahara Africa with the sports betting industry worth over $20Biliion. ( source )
- Rift valley, Nairobi and Central regions in Kenya have the most populous number of bettors.
- 15% of American youth have placed a bet on the NFL. ( source )
- 70% of American surveyed in this poll say they are more likely to watch a match if they have placed a bet on it. ( source )
While a lot of people believe that gambling not fair, it is increasingly becoming a part of our daily lives. For economic reasons and personal reasons, online betting and gambling will remain a core part of the society as over the NBA and MLB are likely to get richer if from legalized sport betting activities.
NB: If you come across a data that you will love to include, then please feel free to share it via email.