Do you want a beginner guide to football betting that teaches you all the secrets, tips to bet on football without the noise and still win more bets?
This article is intended to open the eyes of bettors and gamblers alike into the world of football betting.
Betting is as old as time itself but with the advent of the internet and computers, the betting platform has grown so huge, that most bookmakers have both online and offline offices.
Betting makes you put in a small amount of money with the hope of winning a huge amount of money. But you can only achieve this, if you have the proper advice and strategies as will be provided here. People are winning daily; you can also be one of them.
What is Football Betting
Football betting can be simply explained as the staking of possible outcomes in a soccer game. It is arguably the most popular type of betting where bettors bet on their preferred markets to make a profit.
Types of Football Betting
There are plethora of options and types in the world of football betting, these options are given by the bookmakers to entice regular and new bettors to the array of games they can play to win their games.
- Straight win: This option stipulates that the team chosen will win the game out rightly. You should only choose this option if you are very sure that the game will not end in a stalemate. Make sure you play this type when the big teams play the relatively small teams. For example, when Real Madrid plays Huesca, the best option is straight win and also when Manchester City plays Huddlesfield or when PSG plays Strasbourg. However note that the odds given may be small, it is usually sure.
- Double chance (1x or x2): This type of football game is available when you are unsure if your favorite team will win the game. Of course nothing is sure in life, so if you are very scared of placing your bets on straight win you can also play the options of win or draw as this will give you extra cover if the team you picked fails to win safe. This option should be played when team with relatively the same strength and weakness plays. Like when Madrid and Barcelona plays or Bordeaux and Marseille.
- Over/Under goals (0.5, 1.5, 2.5, 3.5 and 4.5): You can also play a goals types of games ,but you have to carefully study the teams or leagues before you place your bet. Some teams score lots of goals and some leagues produce lots of goals. For example in the USA and Australia leagues, the play lots of over 2.5 goals per match, therefore you can key into this. Also in leagues like Iran and Venezuela, they do not score many goals.
- BTS and GG (Both teams to score and goal goal): This market is available to bettors who are interested in the goals option. It is an alternate t the over 1.5 options and even better because the odds are high. But please note that always play these options when teams with equal strengths in attack play. For example when Arsenal and Chelsea play, when PSG and Monaco plays or when PSV and Ajax plays.
- Half time Sub: The substitution market is a market which has not been tapped fully, because it is not really predictable, however with the right statistics, you can mine it.This options lets you bet that a team will not substitute a player in the first half and will only substitute in the second half or half time.You have to be careful though because injuries to player in the first half can force a manager to make a substitution in the first half.
How Football Betting Works
When an individual is determined to engage in the profitable endeavour of football betting, he has to understand that like all businesses, you have to research deeply on football, bookies and other necessary techniques to avoid loss.
There are certain things a prospective bettor has to know before he delves into the world of football betting, some of them are:
- A prospective bettor must decide in his mind whether he wants to be a huge staker (punter) or regular bettor. Depending on his financial capabilities, he has to make that choice.
- Which bookmaker to use: Bookmakers are betting companies that offer different markets to gamblers to stake on, some of them are William Hill, Bet365, Yobet, Sportybet amongst others. Now some of the things to consider before choosing a bookmaker include; customer service, fast payment, availability, cash-out options, favourable markers and huge odds. You have to do thorough research on the bookie you want to use. It is advisable to even use several bookmakers to know their advantages and disadvantages.
- Which markets to stake on: In football betting, there are various markets that can be staked on, some of these markets include, straight win, both team to score, correct scores, double chance, corner markets and draws. You have an idea which particular market you want to stake on. You can also perfect for more than one market.
- Accumulations, doubles or singles: One has to know if accumulations will be preferable, doubles or singles. Accumulations are when you stake more than two games, it yields more gain but high risk. With doubles, you stake on two games only, while for singles is just one game. Depending on your preference, you can choose the one you think will yield profit with less risk
- Get a good internet-enabled phone with data: There is virtually no business one can do now without the internet, it will, therefore, be in one’s best interest to get a good phone with fast internet if one wants to gamble. This is because there is a lot of information online which will make football betting easy.
What Are Odds in Football Betting
Odds are statistics number given to all markets by bookmakers to indicate the price placed on those markets. Odds can be fractional or in decimal.
Decimal odds are the most popular in other parts of the world. Apart from southern America which prefers fractional, it is generally believed that the lower the odds, the most likely that it will happen, and the higher the odds the most unlikely, that it will happen.
To start betting on odds, you have to decide first, if you want to bet on single odds or accumulators. Single odds are just one odd symbol that a bettor stake-out for a possible favourable outcome.
What this means is that if there is a match between Valencia and Inter in a UEFA champions league tournament and the bettor wants to bet on single odd, he will just pick one out of the various odd options available and stake his desired amount, if he favours Valencia to win and the odd for Valencia to win is at 2.00 odd and for Inter to win is at 3.50 odd and a possible draw is at 4.00 odd … the bettor will stake probably 80 dollars on the 2.00 odd to win 160 dollars.
However, it couldn’t be further from the truth to say odds are straightforward! Odds are based on a variety of indices, statistics injuries and past matches.
However, life is not static and cannot be judged, there are good examples where low odds have failed to come to pass.
A good example is when Tottenham played Newcastle at home, most bookies gave Spurs 1.20 to win while Newcastle was given 13 to 15 odds; the away team won 1-0 and the low odd was trashed.
Another good example is when Real Madrid played lowly-rated Valladolid at the Santiago Bernabeau, most bookies gave real Madrid 1.15 odds to 1.18, odds while Valladolid 18.00 to 20 odds, the match ended in a stalemate with 9.00 odds.
You can see with the above examples that following low odds suicidal. What you should do is forecast games well and pray for mother luck.
Advantages of Football Betting
There are several advantages to football betting, some of these advantages are:
- Instant Profit making: Businesses are started for profit purposes, and sport betting guarantees that both for betting companies and the bettor. Every week and day betting companies churns out profit also every week various bettors are winning games. Such profit gives joy to both parties.
- Tax-free: All winnings from gambling in most European countries are tax-free.
- Job creation: Football betting has created diverse job opportunities for people who have been in the labor market for so long. Betting companies employ staffs who work for them and are paid their salaries monthly.
- Increases your analytic ability: Forecasting of football games makes one enhances his cognitive capacity. When you do this regularly you make constant use of your brain to play bets and scientists have found out that it enhances people reason and psychic.
Disadvantages of Football Betting
There is a downside though to football betting and some of the cons are:
- Constant Loss of Money: Frequent betting on football without success can make one lose money that could have been put to use to a better endeavor. When this happens, sadness and desperation creep in and bettors are in a state of despair. Due to this crime and suicide enters the society.
- Leads to bad addiction: Frequent football betting can lead to one having a bad addiction. When you are addicted to betting, it is a very bad thing. One should know when to stop and when to continue. Control is the key.
The Basic Rules of Betting
Football betting is entertaining and interesting; however you have to know certain tenets and rules in order to avoid some potholes and obstacles and also to be able to make profit
Rule one: Betting companies are not your friend. No matter how funny and welcoming bookmakers are, they are all after your money, therefore don’t be seduced and always be wise when dealing with them. If you don’t lose, how then do you expect them to make money?
Rule two: Always read terms and conditions of betting sites. This is very important because various betting companies have diverse rules that guide their site and there is always a loopholethere, therefore read it carefully before staking with them. For example, an American football betting site has on its terms that all bets will only be considered within the 90 minutes of games played, that means extra time and penalties are not considered. If you play straight win and the game enters in to extra time goalless and your teams wins in the extra time, you lose!
Rule three: Know when to leave. In life, we win some and we lose some, when you win after you place a bet, don’t get greedy and keep on playing especially for virtual bettors. You won’t win every day and you won’t lose every day. Have control and know when to take a break.
How to Start Betting on Football and Win
Football is the most loved sport on earth and betting on football can yield a huge profit but a bettor must follow certain steps to make sure he wins more than he loses:
- To win in football betting, a good bettor that wants to win must not always bet on favorites, because betting on favorites is very risky, favourites don’t always win as seen in last weekend games where Crystal Palace beat Manchester United at home, Newcastle united Beat Tottenham at home, to avoid these loopholes, you must choose your games based on form and not sentiment
- Avoid popular markets: There are various markets that opened by bookies, that is, markets that people are expected to bet on. Such markets do not always guarantee profits. People who win huge money in betting look for unexplored markets like straight draws, special bets, correct scores and ante-post. The logic behind this is that you are likely to make a profit when you do the unexpected.
- Take advantage of live football bets: live football bets are based on football games which are currently going on. The edge this type of bet has over the conventional bet is that you are able to gauge if the team can perform and if there are any injuries to any star player
Top Football Betting Mistakes to Avoid
There is no way we won’t make mistakes in Life, but we should make sure we don’t repeat such mistakes. We are certain to stumble in a joyous way into the betting world, some of this mistake are but not limited to:
- Big teams always win: This is one of the ways that bookmakers win. We always think that the big boys like Arsenal, Chelsea, Benfica, PSG, Barcelona and Juventus will always win. This is the greatest lie of the century, big teams lose win and sometimes stumble against very weak teams. Therefore do not always assume big teams win even if there odds are low, Real Bet is defeated Read Madrid at the Santiago Bernabeu also Bournemouth walloped Chelsea last season at Stamford bride 3-0…be warned.
- Odds matter: This is a fallacy that many believe, that just because a team is given 1.20 odds and the other team is 19 odd, the 1.20 will wallop the 19 odd. It is not always so.You have to research properly to know who will win, draw or lose.
- Playing every day and every times:There is a time for everything and a season for every deed. It is not advisable to always play bets every day. Why? You can’t win every day! Take your time and do proper research, then place your bets maybe in a space of three days or weekends.
Betting, particularly football betting has come to stay, therefore for people who have the capital to invest in this endeavor, one can key into it, however, it is important that one should be guided by certain rules in order to make an appropriate profit and for one to avoid losing money.
Also, do not forget that winnings in betting are 50% research and 50% luck, therefore always hope for luck to shine on you even after making your research.
There you have it. The complete beginner guide to football betting. What lesson have you learned to bet on football?
Get winning tips at football prediction site in the world.
Share in the comment below.
The common types of football betting include straight wins, Double Chance, over and under-goals and much more
Football betting is described as a situation where someone places a wager on the outcome of a match.
Football betting can simply be described as the staking of possible outcome in a soccer game. It is arguably the most popular type of betting where bettors bet on their preferred market to make money.